I have a real life hero, my brother. Years ago he was deployed to Iraq, I was devastated to say the least. I think he was gone around 15 months and this was the hardest time of my life. I remember driving to the Sacramento Airport with his girlfriend to pick him up. When I saw him coming down the escalator it took my breath away, literally! Ever since he has been back, we have been closer than ever. I feel like I can talk to him about a lot of things and we really appreciate eachother. Since our parents weren't around a lot when we were little, my brother was always the one to watch out for me. My brother walked me down the aisle on my wedding day, he could tell I was nervous so he told me jokes from the movie Anchorman to help loosen me up! I know it's a day late, but Happy Veterans Day to the hero in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment