
Avery just hit his 4 month mark and he decided to celebrate by consistently getting up about 5 times per night! Needless to say, I am exhausted. Our pediatrician recommended Jim giving him a 4-6oz bottle of pumped milk once per night to see if this would cure the problem. After searching for the right bottle and Avery finally taking a bottle, lastnight we tried it. Can I say BIG FAIL! Jim said he drank about 1/2 an ounce an fell right back asleep! So he was up 1 1/2 hour after that ready to eat again. Riley also woke up crying at 2am so needless to say, I was up all night. We are going to try again tonight, but Jim is having knee surgery tomorrow so after tonight, I am on my own until next week! This has been an especially hard and trying time for me but I know it's temporary. I am eagerly anticipating a full night sleep. Riley slept through the night at a year, so if Avery does the same, what's another 8 months of no sleep?! Yeah, we'll see if I make it that far!
On a lighter note, tonight is date night. This will be a good refreshing time for Jim and I before his surgery tomorrow. I have a cow bell that I am going to let him use if he needs help after the surgery, it should be pretty funny!
Avery's costume is SOOOO CUTE!!! Well done! I'm sorry he's been up so much...good thing he's so cute ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that is the cutest costume ever! Did you make it? Wow, I love it!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand about the no sleep thing. Judah has been sick, so I've been up with everyone. Ugh!
Have a great date night! Praying for strength for you and for a quick recovery for Jim after his surgery!
Oh, NO! Sorry to hear that the first night of bottle time didn't go so well. Hopefully Avery will stay awake next time and fill up that belly and let mommy get a little rest! PLEASE let me know if you need anything while Jim is home post-surgery!
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a wonderful date night!