The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Heavy Weight


I was so completely saddened when I read this post by Farmgirl Paints. But it was such an important reminder that I am raising a little girl and I want nothing more than for her to love herself, just as she is. But I was plagued with fear that I would not be able to instill this in Riley. I was quickly reminded that I myself have a poor self image, when that night Jim took a picture of me and I couldn't stand the following; my double chin, my chubby cheeks and the reminder that I still have a lot of baby weight to lose. I failed the see the woman that my husband loves so much, the happy person that I am inside and the one forever loved by God. I have to admit, I have struggled with this the past week with the thought of Riley feeling bad about herself one day. It was such a huge reminder that I need to pray for the young woman Riley is going to become!

No comments:

Post a Comment