The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Switchin It Up




I have to admit, I have not really had any luck with my sewing projects lately. So I am trying my skills on some new projects. I made this Bless Our Nest sign last week and I am in LOVE! I made it out of this huge piece of plywood that was on our side yard when we bought our house. I had my hubby cut it up (One of my 2010 goals is to learn to use his tools!) so I can make many signs! I have so many different ideas that I probably need to scale them down a tad!




My 2nd project is Averys scrapbook/baby book. I received the most amazing scrapbook/baby book for my baby shower when I was pregnant with Riley from my aunt. It actually could be one of my all time favorite gifts. Many hours went into it and I absolutely cherish it. I have never scrapbooked in my life but I figured I could go page by page through Rileys and make Averys, just the boy version! The problem is, my wallet does not like scrapbooking! I spent $30 to get me started, this doesn't include the album!! Which is $50 on EBAY! So I figured that I would only buy materials when they are on sale or if I have a 40% off coupon. I was able to buy a set of 20 decorative scissors on ebay for $12.00, which retail for about $30 I think. I have decided that I will do a page per month per child. I still need to play catch up on Rileys but my first page for her will be graduating Level 1 of swim lessons! Although she hated every minute of it, I just have to document it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, love it! It looks great, and I love the little birdie on it too.
    Good luck on the scrapbook...I still need to make a photo album for Oliver, I am WAY behind with my albums (and by that I mean, I haven't even started...) yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't feel bad about the albums...ours are all still just a mass of pictures on our computer. I am proud of myself that I have actually printed a few out to put up in frames in my house. Love the sign you made...but mostly LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete