Anyone remember a couple of posts back where I mentioned I went to a fabric sale?! Well, anyway, the hubs has been home for 4 days for the holiday weekend, so this means I had some extra time to sew and get my mojo back! I figured I could spend $50.00 on a couple of new items for Rileys winter wardrobe (that sounds so grown up doesn't it?! Especially for a 2 year old!) or spend that money on fabric and see what I could come up with. So far, I have made two pairs of ruffle pants and two dresses. Probably costing me a total of $12.00. How is that for exciting!
- For the blue and grey dress, I did not use a pattern, I simply traced one of Rileys dresses and made some modifications. I am obsessed with the gray and pink stripe fabric, so much that I had my grandma go back to the sale that day and pick up another half yard! The gray ruffle on the top is from an old t-shirt of mine that had paint splattered on it, woohoo for recycling!
The birdie dress is delicious! I used this tutorial but didn't follow the directions all the way. The only thing I would do differently next time is make the skirt fuller and the dress shorter. I didn't have enough fabric to do so. I definately want to make another one but this time use two different fabrics, one for the top and the other for the bottom. I also learned how to do a french seam, which is amazing if you don't have a serger (I have one, just don't know how to use it, ughhh!)
I am looking for a free peasant dress tutorial/pattern if anyone has one and would like to send it my way! Also I really want to make these for Riley in EVERY COLOR, but don't want to pay the 15.99 a yard, any seen ruffle fabric anywhere else?
Jess, these turned out soooo cute...hooray for extra time to get some sewing done!
ReplyDeleteThose are SOOO gorgeous! We need to plan a time to get together and sew and craft!
ReplyDelete