The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Friday, October 16, 2009

Crazy for OWLS!






Lately Riley has been absolutely positively OBSESSED with Owls. It all started one day when Jim was leaving for work and she noticed a small little owl on one of his shirts (rather than the RL horse, I guess?) anyway, ever since then she daily, sometimes more than once, asks Jim if he has an owl on his shirt. This began the Merrill Owl craze!



Since owls are kind of in right now it has been really easy to get ideas for crafting some great owl things for her. During these past rainy days I scoured the internet for different ideas. I discovered this frame with the fabric already attached at my MIL yardsale this past weekend and knew I had to have it. I think it came from my SIL antique shop. This is how her very first owl turned out! I think it goes great with the flowers hanging on the right side that I got from another antique store and spray painted it white. I think I paid a whopping $4.00 for the thing.

When she wakes up in the morning and I can hear her talking to the owl!!! She is a pretty hilarious little girl! I smell an owl themed party in the future!


I had to think of things to do inside during these rainy days so I decided to bust out the handy sewing machine. I like sewing but don't do it very often because of the "four letter words" that go through my head when my machine is acting up! I used some scrappy squares I had ruffled them up and added them to the bottom of these lavender cords. They look a bit ridiculous on Riley but if you know me, I'm over the top!!


Have a happy beautiful FALL weekend!
P.S. Sorry I haven't quite figured out how to position the pictures!










No comments:

Post a Comment