The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Monday, October 12, 2009

Forgiveness











A few months back I spoke at church about "Forgiveness." My past has allowed me to have a masters degree in forgiveness. Although, many times I fall short. Since I am using this blog as an online journal for myself, I realized there are parts of my life I cannot leave out. One being my relationship with my dad. Since my parents divorced in 1991 we haven't had much a relationship, even though we live in the same town. Surprisingly enough, we don't see eachother that often, usually just passing in our cars on the street. But yesterday, we came face to face at the grocery store. So many things were running through my head; should I say hi, should I act like I didn't see him? I didn't feel like the grocery store was the time or place to talk.




Yesterday, I chose to forgive him once again. I am not saying that I am some great person and I have the ability to forgive on my own. God gives me the ability to forgive. God reminds me daily that he is my one TRUE FATHER. He is the one who was there when Riley was born, He never missed a swim meet, He was with me when I didn't know how to be a parent, He picks me up off the ground, dusts my hands off and tells me to keep going.


On a lighter note, we were so blessed to attend at beautiful wedding this weekend. The bride was beautiful and the groom looked so happy when she was walking down the aisle. Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment