The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Friday, July 23, 2010

Not Just a Bag!



See that ugly looking bag on my dining room table? And yes, I do all my crafting on the table. I am constantly wiping chunks of hot glue off of it! Lord, please bring me a craft space, amen. Ok moving on. Every time I pulled the car into the garage Riley would yell, "Mommy, your purse!" Finally one day I looked up and saw this bag on the top shelf. I have a mustard color purse that looks alittle similar so I totally get why she thought it was my purse. I pulled it down one day to see what was inside....golf balls! Go figure. I asked the hubs if I could have it and of course he sure, "Go ahead, it's lined with fur, maybe you can make something out of that." Well, to be honest, the fur grossed me out, so I cut it out and threw it away. And started making these little flowers out of the bag. I l.o.v.e them! This one has an alligator clip on the back so I can either wear it on my clothes or in my hair. I also bought a plum colored purse at the LuLu's Outlet sale ($3.00) only to get it home and realize the zipper was broken! Bummer....But I cut that up the other night and made flowers similar to this one. Next up, headbands of course! My friend Stephanie made these embellished flip flops and I may just have to invest the $4 for the shoes and use my left over leather to embellish with these bad boys! Happy Weekend! I am thrilled my husband is coming home tonight after almost 3 days of being gone. Hopefully Mommy can get some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute!! Love the leather! Can't wait to see your headbands and flip flops too!

    ReplyDelete