We have been crazy busy here! A newborn, a toddler who has been sick for about 4 weeks (now has Strep) and my hubby has been traveling alot for work! Whewwww...I can do this!
One really fun thing I was able to work on lately was a baby shower I did the decorations for. My friend Stephanie has her cutie patootie baby boy Beckett right after I had Avery. It was a blast to find inspiration for the shower. The color theme was blue and brown. I saved old mason jars for a couple of weeks and just wrapped them with ribbon, then went to the farmers market and got two bouqets of flowers. Yes, two bouquets filled 8 jars! I made poms out of tissue paper and make pin wheels, that I stuck in the bouquets, out of paper from the $1 Store. This was the best deal I have ever found! Three huge sheets of double sided paper for $1. I had bought it before we even planned the shower, went back a month later and there was one left! I didn't even use all three sheets, what a deal! I bought brown and blue polka dot fabric and made a table runner which looked so cute! The favors were chocolate cupcakes with blue frosting and mini paper pin wheels on top. I ruffled up some fabric left over from the runner and hot glued it to these fabulous brown bags. I got a huge box of these bags for $2.00 at a yard sale! Major score! I think there is about 100 left =)
My girlfriend Kelli did a wonderful job with all the food, despite the fact she is due with her little boy in about 2 1/2 weeks. It was been fun to be surrounded by great friends who have also just given birth to their little boys! We had a great time just chatting and catching up! Congrats Stephanie on baby Beckett!!
Absolutely darling decorations!!! Thank you so much Jessica, you are so creative, and did an amazing job on all the little details and decor!
ReplyDeleteeverything turned out so adorable...well done!
ReplyDelete