The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What Can Under $100.00 Getcha?







I just want to point out that I have blogged 3 days in a row! That deserves some sort of prize, right?! Anywho, this weekend we got an itch. A small remodel itch. It just so happened it was about 4pm on Saturday. The hubs and I never start projects early in the morning, that would be to easy =) We have been wanting to reface the front of our kitchen bar and with DJ's upcoming birthday party this was the perfect time to get started. We originally knew we wanted beadboard and chunky moulding to fancy up the place but when we got to talking we decided to go gloss black and I couldn't be more thrilled. The before was boring and very white! We needed the black contrast. We have some left over bead board and I plan on painting it black and sticking it in the cupboards where our glass fronts are. This will really help our glass pieces show! And if I don't like it, I just repaint it! Easy peasy!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Your house is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it! What a good decision going with the black, it looks fab! Ugh, it makes me want to hurry up and fix up my kitchen....someday, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess! This turned out great! Glad you turned out with something you love :)

    ReplyDelete