The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Ready for Halloween




I am not the biggest fan of Halloween. But when my neighbor came over and told me that we get quite the foot traffic on Halloween night I knew I had to make an attempt at some decor. My mind started racing with inexpensive decorations and I quickly went through my wallet to check to see if I had any Joanns or Michaels coupons! I am proud to say the grand total for my Halloween mantel redo was a whopping $7.00! First I scoured blogs for inspiration. I cannot remember where but I saw that someone just spray painted branches black. I went to the backyard and looked for some "twiggy" branches and sprayed them, added the bats and a couple glitter skulls and I was in business (the only way I am going to have a skull in my house is if it has glitter on it!)


The crow I bought at the dollar store and the skeleton hand (I tea dyed it) and boo sign I printed off the Graphic Fairy. I bought the small pumpkin at CVS and spray painted it black. I stenciled on the 5, well, because there are 5 people in our family.



Our mirror definately doesn't go with the theme but it's all I have. Although, my SIL who is an antique dealer just found a 6 pane antique window for me. I am having a vision of hanging it above the mantel with a Halloween bunting. But we are leaving for Disneyland next week so we will see what I get done! Everything else on the mantel I already had around the house so it worked out perfect!

2 comments:

  1. looks spooky!! I need to get my buns in gear and do some decorating too! Love the glitter sculls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just was looking back at some of your old posts and realized you have been blogging here for ONE YEAR (the day before this post, Oct. 6)!!! Congrats on one whole year of documentation. So fun! Do you know I like you? :)

    ReplyDelete