
Every morning, no matter what, I get up at 6:30am. I have to. When I don't my day gets completely thrown off. I never did this before I had Avery but for some reason I need complete silence in the morning. No one (not even the hubby) gets up before 7:15am. I have never enjoyed COMPLETE silence as much as I have since Avery has been born. It is not that I have bad kids, quite the opposite actually. Riley has such a huge imagination (which I am in love with!) and Avery is the happiest baby I have ever seen. He literally smiles while he cries, no joke! It's very funny to watch.
First I open up all the windows and turn the house fan on. Grab a cup of coffee and sit on the couch and smell the crisp clean morning air. I think about what is going to happen that day or how I can have more patience with the kids. I pray, I think about how to be a better mom and wife, and just listen to myself think, it's great! Although mid-day I am wishing I would have slept until the kids got up, I am reminded again the next morning why this time is so special for me. This time has been an amazing growing experience for me. I am really enjoying my time with my kids and letting the little things go. For instance, today we had a 2 hour tea party! I mean, how many times can you "pretend" pour tea? Apparently for 2 hours. But Riley will talk about the tea party for weeks! That is how you know you are making memories with your little ones and that is the most important thing!!
Avery was very excited to be invited to the tea party but he was alittle embarassed that he didn't have a bowtie to wear. So Mommy has that on her list of things to make!
No comments:
Post a Comment