The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Mommy Posse


I started the Fit Mom's group June 1 and have been hooked ever since! It's a group of mommy and babies, led by two inspirational woman! Classes are held 5-6 times per week, sometimes twice per day! They are always trying to accommodate every schedule! Working out has always been really hard for me, not because I don't like it, I just never found the motivation! As I ran through the park today, I was inspired to blog about these amazing women. I have felt so blessed that they all have come into my life. We inspire eachother, we talk about poopy diapers and spit up, we laugh together, we support eachother and we push eachother to the next level and this can be so hard sometimes! These group has totally changed my life and all for the better. I have done things since starting Fit Moms that I never thought I'd be able to do. This summer I ran my first 5k (with one of the trainers, Denai) and then my first 10k by myself!

It felt so empowering to be turning towards the finish line and see Jim and Riley waiting for me. My in-laws also waited patiently at mile 5 to see me run by, I have to admit, I got teared up when I saw them!

I love how I have been able to model fitness and taking care of myself for my kids. Riley will randomly start stretching and it's a reminder to me that she sees mommy caring about herself and this is so important!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is such a happy post! Congrats on your races this summer. Next summer a half marathon...?

    ReplyDelete