A few weeks ago I received an email from my husbands best childhood friend. It was titled, "An essay about my bestfriend Jim." We had dinner with him a couple of nights before and I was drilling him with questions about what my husband was like when he was younger. You see Jim and his bestfriend have always been somewhat of opposites. When they get together it's like no time has ever passed and they are quick to start reciting movie lines from the 80's. Being that Jim and I are 12 years apart, I never understand what they are talking about, but I have always appreciated how this friend can bring the little boy out of my husband.
As I read the email, I cried. He really was expressing his appreciation over the years for my husband. I already know all these things about Jim but I really loved hearing it from someone else. I knew this was not an easy email to write, sometimes we don't like to seem vulnerable and express how we really feel about someone but what Jim's bestfriend taught me that day was life is too short to not tell the people you love, that you love them!
To my family and friends, I love you guys so much. I appreciate you all everyday and I am blessed to have you in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment