The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can Christmas Come Early?



I am so embarassed to be showing my messy craft space. Our master closet is what I call, "stupid big." Yes, I did just say our closet is almost too big. But because the kids really occupy every other part of the house, I need to utilize our closet as a craft space. There is more than plenty of room for all my crafts. I ran across this DIY here
for this small craft space and I am OBSESSED! I immediately emailed my husband a picture of it and told him I must have something like this! Poor guy, his list just gets longer and longer. My hubby is my biggest supporter when it comes to me "crafting." He knows that it is a great outlet for myself and he loves the fact that I recycle my own clothes to make things for Riley. Now, we just need to figure out how this all is going to work. I don't necessarily need to sit in the closet and craft, but I would love to have all my fabrics, ribbons, buttons, etc in one spot, organized such as this beautiful DIY. The best part, most the items are from IKEA which makes my husbands pocket book happy, very happy!
This summer is going to be busy. Here is just a small list of what I would like to get done. 1. Finish base moulding. 2. Crown moulding. 3. Frame bathroom mirrors 4. Finally decorate guest bath. 5.Weinscoating around breakfast bar 6. Maybe get around to putting some things on the walls in the master! We (I) plan on doing all of this with a newborn!! Looks like I will be drinking more coffee! Anyone else have any honey-do lists this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Ours is simple...baby-proof the apartment. No small task, and I feel like time is running short. Stinker is starting to turn herself in circles and scoot a bit...AHHHH! We're looking for a new sofa, so that will likely jump start the process as we rearrange furniture and such :) Good luck with all your projects. Just remember project #1...have that baby! Love you sis, and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make a perfect craft space! What a good idea. It will feel so nice to have your stuff all organized and put together! Sorry Jim, your honey-do list just got a bit longer :)
    Ugh, we still have so many projects on our list too....touch up paint marks on the ceiling (such an easy thing, but not fun to do), re-do the kitchen cabs & bathroom cabs, outdoor landscaping, fireplace re-vamp. Hopefully we will get to it all sometime in the near future!

    ReplyDelete