The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Monday, August 9, 2010

Quatrefoil Craze!


Quatrefoil has been all the craze around the blogging world. And I am as equally in love with it as some other bloggers! Remember I posted here about using the Quatrefoil template from Tatertots and Jello. We really have been wanting to purchase new furniture for our bedroom but came to the realization that it is not in the cards right now. We have a light wood (not even sure what it's called) bedroom set that is about 15 years old. It actually looks pretty good but the light wood was not our style. I asked my hubby to go pick out a brown paint color at the store (yes, I let him pick it out!) I was quite impressed that it had an olive tint to it and I loved it!

Well, I tried it on a much smaller scale than my planned laundry room. I am so glad I tested it on a smaller area because I learned some things. 1. Listen to my husband 2. My husband will re-sand the project after I mess up! 3. Do not spray the adhesive directly to the piece of furniture, spray it on the stencil. 4. Use a sharp exacto knife to cut the stencil and if you are not patient, have your husband do it =) 5. Let the paint completely dry before you try to peel it off! 6. For a small piece of furniture, it works best to use a sponge brush and almost do a "sponge painting" motion.

Overall, I am really happy with how it turned out. I would really like to update our lamps and find some more decorative things for our bedside. But this was definately a start! Stay tuned for a peek at a big kitchen project we worked on this weekend that completey transformed our house!!

1 comment:

  1. this looks great! Are you planning to paint your bed frame and dresser the same? I think it will look really good and update your furniture without having to spend a lot...I actually really like your bedroom set :)

    ReplyDelete