As we all know, losing the weight after having a baby can be quite difficult. My biggest problem is eating like I am still pregnant. Because I am breastfeeding, I get these out of control urges to eat! If you have ever breastfed, you know what I'm talkin about! We were just on vacation for a week, which means we ate out ALOT! And when you have 3 kids, a drive thru is the most convenient. We packed a lot of snacks but ate horribley!
We got home and a couple of days later I had a Halloween cookie decorating party for Riley and friends, so of course I ate a ton of cookies! You see, I am a total sweets junkie. Anything chocolate I will eat, literally. But this time after having the sweets I felt sick, really sick. I felt heavy and tired. I came to a realiztion, and this is not rocket science but I am slow, eat bad = feel bad! See, I told you, not that hard to figure out, but for some reason I just wasn't getting it!!
Having a newborn (well, almost 4 months!) is exhausting. He gets up a lot at night and I mean alot! So I really need to get as much rest and have as much energy during the day that can. I can't get this eating unhealthy. So I went to a blog that I have been reading for a while now and searched her side bar for the topic of health. She had been feeling stroke like symptoms for EIGHT years and it only changed once she changed her diet! Wow, it scared me! I mean, I am not feeling stroke like symptoms but I am tired a lot, sluggish, irritable, my skin doesn't look good, I have been having headaches, etc. I ran across this post and I knew I was hooked. I love reading a health blog written by a Dr. It's like being in her office without having to pay!
So here is what I am doing, nothing drastic but I am not eating ANY sweets(ok, maybe a 100calorie Dreyers bar sometimes!), cutting out Diet Soda, eating WAY more veggies, watching my portion size, eating organic meats, drinking more water, and during snack time I will reach for an apple with a little peanut butter rather than an unfilling unhealthy snack. I am going to continue my work out routine. Let me be clear here, of course I want to lose weight but more importantly I want to be the best ME I can be. This means taking care of ME. Not only will I benefit from this, my husband and kids will to. This is going to be a struggle during Halloween but if I had a natural labor, I can do anything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm right there with you, Jessica! Eric and I watched a really interesting documentary the other night (that I plan to blog about) called Food Matters. It's so interesting to hear about how the food we eat has way more of an effect on our bodies than we realize.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a great plan Jess! Stay healthy for that family of yours!
ReplyDeleteI feel ya, I need to focus on HEALTHY eating too! I have been a sweets fanatic lately...well ever since I got pregnant with Beck...that craving still hasn't gone away unfortunetly :)
ReplyDelete