I am on day 6 of no SODA and day 5 of NO SWEETS (and all around eating healthier)! I decided to stay home all day today, I think we just needed some down time. But I find that the days I am home it is so much harder not to dip into the Halloween candy, but I have held strong! Riley, Avery and I go to the farmers market every Weds on our way home from the gym. I really tried to buy outside of my normal list and REALLY tried to buy organic. It is so much fun to be able to buy the fruits and veggies with Riley. She helps me pick them out and then at dinner time is very excited to serve them to daddy. Although it hasn't helped with her veggie intake at all, I can't help but think I am instilling something in her.
Back to the eating healthier, I am hungry all the time! It really has forced me to eat small meals more times a day. I eat the same thing that I cook for everyone else at dinner time, just a smaller portion, which has ALWAYS been my downfall. Put a big meal in front of me and I will eat the whole thing, even when I am full!
On to more important things, we had Averys 4 month appointment yesterday. He is 15lbs 6oz (birth weight was 8lbs 10oz) and is 26 inches (21 inches at birth). I cannot believe how much he has grown! He also got 5 shots and lastnight he wasn't feeling up to par. We gave him some tylenol and he felt a lot better. He has a new fascination with this tongue and he blows bubbles with his saliva. He smiles ALL the time and giggles when I tickle him. He can sit in the bumbo seat alone and loves to watch me cook. He definitely is a mamas boy and just loves to lay on my chest. Riley couldn't be more in love with him. At first she wasn't really interested in him but lately she talks to him, soothes him and gives him kisses. I cannot wait to see the friendship (and I am sure bickering!) all 3 of our kids are going to have. Jim and I are truly blessed by our kids!
I love this post...and you!
ReplyDelete