The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Monday, February 8, 2010

My little Monkey




I have been a little MIA lately in the blogging world. My days have been filled with organizing the house, getting ready for the move, running after my almost 2 year old and an occasional shower. I am 20 weeks along and finding it hard to keep up with Riley.


We decided not to do a party this year because lets get real here, I am exhausted! And we are moving soon and lets just say, my house is a little scary at times. I had the idea of taking her to the zoo to celebrate her birthday. So we made the hour and a half trip to the zoo and I have to say, this was the best idea ever! We went on superbowl Sunday and there was nobody there! We could let her run around and not have to worry about her getting lost in the crowds. It was great! I had been asking her for weeks what animal she wanted to see the most, she would always say "kangaroo." But something came over her and when we got there, all she could think about was snakes! Luckily they had a red-tailed boa snake on display and she was allowed to pet it as much as she wanted. We practically had to rip her away from this huge snake. Jim was such a proud daddy that his little lady loved touching a snake. He said that was the highlight of his day!


We are hosting a family pizza party tonight for her birthday. I really wanted to make a fun cake so I found that you can get fondant at Michaels. Can I say, it tastes yucky but it looks great! Pictures to come later.

2 comments:

  1. She looks SO cute! Her outfit is adorable. I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she wanted to touch the snake so much! What a funny little girl! I'm sooo glad you guys had such a wonderful time at the zoo...definitely a good idea to go on Superbowl Sunday.

    We'll be missing you all tonight at the family party...we so wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Much love to you and your BIG girl.

    ReplyDelete