If today was the voting for the "Mother of the Year" award, I definitely wouldn't win based on my performance today. I must say, I felt the pregnancy hormones really kick in this morning. Or maybe it was the fact that I haven't slept a full night in weeks, I have had a migraine for two days and I can't take anything for it, or maybe Riley and I are feeling cabin fever! Actually, it's all of the above.
I have grown pretty uncomfortable at night. This worries me seeing how I am only 17 weeks! What am I going to do when I get to 35 week?!?! Ugh....but on a more exciting note, we had an appointment yesterday with the midwife. She went to get the dopler to find the baby's heart beat and she was going for the right side. I stopped her and showed her exactly where the baby was sitting on the left side and she said, "Wow, you really know where your baby is." This pregnancy is SOOO different. I know what to feel for, I know the difference between the baby's movements and just a bubbly tummy. We have an ultrasound scheduled for next week to find out the sex of the baby. I can HARDLY wait! I have had two dreams now about the baby being a girl. But this definitely doesn't mean that I think it's a girl, I really have no idea! We have a couple of names picked out but are not set on any of them. I think we are both waiting until we find out the sex so we can pick out just one name.
Other exciting news, Riley is going peepee on the big girl potty! Well, not all the time but a couple of times a day! I am so proud of her. When I was younger, I never imagined I would cry the first time my child peed on the potty, but here I am, one proud Mommy!
Enjoy the picture, its not the most glamorous but it best described how I felt today!
I LOVE YOU!!! I think you are a GREAT mommy...especially for toughing out such a difficult pregnancy! And I actually really like the picture :)
ReplyDelete