

We finally got to see our little boy last Friday and let me just tell you, I am smitten! Our computer was being really weird when I was trying to scan the pictures so I had to take a picture of the ultrasound picture, so sorry for the bad picture. I was beyond amazed at what we could see. The ultrasound place purchased a new machine a year ago, which means it's an even better machine that we had when I was pregnant with Riley. We were able to see Avery going pee! It was hilarious! I guess it's just a sneak peek of what is to come with his pee shooting everywhere. I can't believe we were able to get his hand, foot and face all in one picture. She printed us over 20 pictures because he just kept giving her good shots, thats my boy!
Now on to the part that makes me nervous, he is BIG. I couldn't believe how much bigger he looked than Riley. We had ultrasounds for the both of them at 34 weeks. His head is measuring that of a 37 week old baby. And since I am planning (I know this is just a plan) another drug free labor I am nervous about the size of his head. She is told that she over estimates their weight by about 6oz most of the time, so her estimate was that he was about 5lbs 13oz already! At the corner of the screen they give an estimated due date based on their measurements and his was June 6th, when I am not due until June 26th. I know this doesn't change your due date at all but my point is that he is one big boy. Riley was 6lbs 15oz so I am only use to little ones!
Anyway, it was such a joy to see him. I have literally looked at his pictures 40 times. I just can't believe that this is my little boy. I feel so blessed to be his mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment