These pictures are from a trip that Jim and I took to Squaw Valley last August. This was the last time that we went anywhere alone. So when the opportunity came up for Jim to travel for work next Friday, we decided that we would take this time to have a weekend away together before the baby comes. My brother and his girlfriend are going to stay at our house to watch Riley. We are leaving for Santa Cruz after our ultrasound appointment and I couldn't be more excited!
I can hardly wait for one week from today, first we get to see the baby! We haven't seen an ultra sound of him since he was 17 weeks and he still looked like a skeleton. I will never forget seeing Riley at 34 weeks and I couldn't stop staring at her picture. We got the perfect profile picture of her and it looks EXACTLY like her now! As I have mentioned before, I am a super impatient person when I am excited about something so I cannot wait to get a sneak peak of our little guy.
Right after, we are off on our weekend get away. Jim asked if I wanted to do anything in particular and I told him I just want to have a weekend where I don't change any diapers, give baths, prepare food, clean up. All I want to think about is where we are going to eat and what I am going to wear =) I am looking forward to having uninterrupted conversations with my husband and to sit at a coffee shop with no time frame. We have been trying to go on more dates lately but there is something about getting away that is so important for the marriage.
I love my husband more and more everyday. He just makes me smile and I can't wait to reconnect with him!
I am so jealous!! Hope you two have a wonderful trip, and enjoy your much needed alone time!
ReplyDelete