The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big Time


Today marked a big day in our household, Riley had to give up her crib for her little brother. Jim's parents were gracious enough to give us this antique toddler bed. Jim said it's about 100 years old. We spent yesterday sanding and painting it. Because it's an antique, the size of a standard twin mattress was too long. So my handy husband worked away yesterday to cut and secure it back together. I have to admit, when he was explaining it to me, I was picturing something quite "ghetto." I really should give my husband more credit because it was seamless. He even braced the bottom so if there happen to be any monkeys jumping on the bed that it would hold. I just bought these darling green/creme damask sheets and a big girl pillow for her at Ross today. I will don't have a bed skirt or a bed spread but it may take me a while to put those together.
Shout out to my sister in law Becky who scored the antique style R for her wall. I am in L.O.V.E! Next up is the transformation of our littlest boys room!

No comments:

Post a Comment