The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friendship


I was so saddened to hear this week that a father of two little girls in Rileys music class suddenly passed away on Wednesday, leaving his three young girls and his wife. I sat and thought about it a lot lastnight and cried for them. My heart was convicted about some things with my own husband. Did I kiss him before he left for work? Did I say I love you? Did he leave feeling loved and taken care of? I immediately emailed him at work telling him that I could not imagine one day let alone a life time without him by my side. Jim has brought the most amazing joy to my life since we started dating almost 7 years ago. Next month we will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary and I cannot believe all that has happened in 4 years. We bought our first condo, gave birth to our beautiful baby girl, supported eachother through my MIL's stroke, bought a house and now are expecting our son in June. Of course there are many other things that have happened to strenghten our marriage over the years.
I get giddy when I see his car pulling in the drive, when he brushes my shoulder in the kitchen or when he lays his head on my belly. But does he know I feel this way? I have committed to showing and telling him these things every day. We never know when a loved one will suddenly leave our lives and I want to make sure everyday he knows my deep love for him.

I was going through a random box this week and came across an unmarked CD, I popped it in the DVD player and to my surprise it was the song we danced to at our wedding (sung by my sister and brother in law). It was beautiful song by Casting Crowns and the lyrics go like this:

Your love is extravagant
Your friend, it is intimate
I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your Grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place
Your love is extravagant
Chorus:
Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love that I've ever known You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again
Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love that I've ever known You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again
Your love is extravagant
Your friendship is intimate.


I must have replayed this 30 times thinking about the day we said, "I do."
I want to encourage everyone to tell whoever you need to how much you love them because in an instant, they can be gone

No comments:

Post a Comment