The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Friday, April 9, 2010

My little Sicky


This was Riley two days ago at Table Mountain and today she is sick in our bed with a bad head cold. It breaks my heart every time she is sick. As mothers we feel the need to protect and when she gets sick sometimes I feel like I haven't protected her.
Riley has gotten sick a lot in her first 2 years. From the time she was 12 months to when she was 20 months she caught the stomach flu 8 times! After many prayers and research, we took her to have blood work done and found out she has an immune deficiency. It's nothing really serious and we are hoping she will grow out of it. But unfortunately she catches everything.
I brought her in bed with us lastnight after she woke up crying and she kept falling in and out of sleep because she couldn't stop coughing and sneezing. She kept leaning over and rubbing my face and arms. I swear, she is the sweetest little girl. It warmed my heart that she was so sick but wanted to give me comfort as well. When I was in the earlier stage of this pregnancy she would come rub my back and sing to me.
One of her favorite shows is "Yo Gabba Gabba" and they sing alot of songs. So in her sleep last night she started signing, "Keep trying, keep trying, don't give up, don't give up." She is a huge reason why I keep trying and don't give up! Love you my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment