The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Thursday, March 4, 2010

And just like that....


And just like that...I went from a house that anyone would be happy with to ripping it all apart! I have wondered why my husband and I just HAD to make all these changes! Luckily the floor was paid for in escrow by the seller so that was not out of pocket and this was a HUGE expense! Sunday night the boys started ripping out the tile floor and didn't finish until Tuesday night!

I talked to the guy putting in our wood floors today and he said that most people don't do that job themselves! I kind of chuckled and thought, "well, you don't know my family!" It has been amazing to see my husband and I come together as one during this process. I have cried alot and Jim has been the calm one, which is typical in our relationship. If I wasn't pregnant this would be a lot easier. Everyone cannot believe how much we have gotten done in one week but we could not have done this huge project without our friends and family! We are so blessed to have the people in our lives that we do.

My sister in law is on her way today to help me redo the kitchen cabinents and do some finishing work. She has done 3 different sets of kitchen cabinents (I think) so she is considered a pro at this point and I am thrilled that my kitchen will be number 4 for her!
I feel we have gotten through the hardest part in this whole process and I just have felt overwhelming love from our friends and family! We love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. You should talk to my dad about the cabinets as well. He re-did ours and he even has a...oh what's it called...anyway it's a machine that shoots out pressurized air...a compressor...that's it! Anyway, it means you can spray the cabinet doors so they don't end up with brush strokes (I assume you are painting). Anyway, just a thought and it may, or may not be helpful.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete