The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Making Progress





This is our formal dining room. I tried to find a BEFORE picture of what it looked like when we moved in but no luck! You can see at the bottom of the picture that one wall was red and the other two were orange. I knew we were going to use this as a formal living room instead and really wanted it to be a peaceful space for adults to go. Although, I think the kiddos will spend time in here too.
This is the progress we have made so far. We changed out the light fixture, painted all the walls,
put up wallpaper on one wall and added the weinscoating with the square/rectangle detail in the middle. We still need to caulke and paint the weinscoating and moulding so they will all be the same color, then remove all the tools and pull the extra old carpet piece that is currently in there and we are in business! I still don't have any furniture for the room yet but thats ok, the hard work is done!






2 comments:

  1. One red wall and two orange? Wow, they got creative! :)

    It looks beautiful! I am so impressed with all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wainscoting!! It looks so great, I would love to do that in my house someday. Good job...can't wait to see the final pics!!

    ReplyDelete