The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Sneak Peak!


Bless my sweet husbands heart! He knew how much I couldn't wait for the wallpaper to go up so late the other night he went to work. My husband is pretty handy at many things and has put up wallpaper before, unfortunately he has never put it up on a textured wall. When the wall is textured per my mother in laws advice we should have put some sort of "mud" on the wall. We didn't do that! So the seams won't stay together and it looks horrible. I will have to go back and order two more rolls and wait a week for them to be delivered. This really has been the only set back in the process of making our house a home. I am very thankful for that. On the agenda for this weekend is putting in all the new baseboards and hopefully hanging a couple of things on the walls so that it feels more "comfy" around here. I still feel like I am at someone elses house but I hope that soon I will feel like this is our home.


P.S. The light fixture is from my new favorite place, overstock.com and there will be weinscoating under the wallpaper all around the formal living room. I can hardly wait to see the final product, now we just have to find some affordable furniture for the room

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're loving overstock! I LOVE the wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer about the setback...sweet Jim! loving your design choices. It's all coming together very nicely :)

    ReplyDelete