The Life Of A Stay At Home Mommy

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ribs..And I'm not talking about what's for dinner!


Something new that I am experiencing earlier on this pregnancy than I did with Riley was soreness in my rib cage. I have been complaining about this for the past couple weeks to Jim but I just filed it away as another annoying part of being huge!


So lastnight about 3am I rolled over in bed and felt the worst pain I had felt since giving labor to Riley. Jim said I screamed really loud and began crying. All of the sudden I couldn't breathe very well and I was hunched over. Jim started rubbing my arms telling me to take slow breaths but I couldn't seem to get it together! I was about 2 seconds away from literally asking him to call 911. I was so scared, 1. Because I was in a lot of pain 2. I couldn't breathe! After a couple of minutes of moving around it went away.


This morning Jim and I talked about how freaked out I was. I went online and googled rib dislocation and the only thing I can think that happened was something called, subluxation. It is when there is a minor dislocation when joint surfaces still touch, but not in normal relation to eachother.


Per husbands orders, I have been pretty lazy today, besides church, cleaning a couple of windows and soaking up the rays in the backyard. Luckily I have a midwife appt this week and I will talk to her about what happened. 3 1/2 more months and then I will finally be able to hold my little one, can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. oh yikes, sounds awful! Take it easy, girl!! I know, hard to do when you just move and want to decorate and get things in order!! Upper leg soreness/cramps are my big thing recently...UGH!

    ReplyDelete